Audition Requirements: Five to ten minutes of well-prepared, current repertoire. Performances may be accompanied or unaccompanied. We recommend that audition recordings include two contrasting pieces. Orchestral excerpts are acceptable.
Prospective participants in Music House should take the following steps to apply:
- Visit our auditions portal at the link below or by clicking here.
- Select “Music House International” from the first dropdown box on the left, then your instrument from the second dropdown box.
- Review the guidelines and begin the application.
- Upload you audition audio or video files and submit your application.
- Please note there is a $30 audition fee which is non-refundable.
Acceptance decisions for Music House are typically made within 2-4 weeks of receiving the audition. If you are accepted into the program, you will be given a link to complete your registration and payment plan. Registration details can also be taken care of over the phone if preferred.
Uploading your audition files
You may use these formats:
- Video: MP4, MPEG, MPG, MOV, AVI, WMV, M4V, FLV, WEBM, M2V
- Audio: MP3, OGG, M4A, WMA, WAV, AAC, FLAC, AIFF, AIF
Unfortunately, links to audio and video files will not be accepted. However, if you have a video on YouTube, it can be retrieved by using this resource. You may then upload the video for your audition as normal.
For more information on how to register please visit our Online Registration Information Page.